"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method". Herman Melville

"I know nothing but miracles." Walt Whitman







quarta-feira, 16 de maio de 2012

A walk down memory lane - Queenburgh

I spent the last weekend in Queenburgh (the locals call it Coimbra), a university town where I lived for some years in the late seventies, early eighties. I hadn´t been there for some years. Some photos:
I lived on that attic, the one on the right lit by the sun. In front there was this old ruin of a monastery. Now it´s even more ruinous. There was also a big chestnut tree that has been cut down.
The famous entrance to the old university headquarters:
This is a beautiful old library. But the entrance ticket is 7 euros, a rip off.
Sudenly I look up and saw an angel made of stone on the roof and he seemed to be looking over me...
(more photos soon)

Sem comentários: