"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method". Herman Melville

"I know nothing but miracles." Walt Whitman







quarta-feira, 25 de maio de 2011

My latest painting


Like the previous one, this is also oil on wood, some 35cm across. I cut my profile on an old seat from a chair. On the right of this painting you can see a bungaloo made from recicled parts of cars, the top and the sides, joined together in the shape of a tortoise shell. Some parts would be window glasses, instead of metal, to let the light in, and they would open to ventilate the place. Imagine a camping site in a forest, with bangaloos like this...In my surrealist paintings I like to include projects of objects or structures that could be built in the real world.
The shape on the left was the first element I thought of for this painting. I got the idea by looking at this painting I have, by Robert Bellm.
I was looking at it from a distance, without my glasses on, and in a dim light, on the left side I percieved what looked like a huge floating structute, a gut-like baloon, that I imagined the color of terracota, with paterns similar to the ones used in tradicional portuguese pottery from Nisa.
This is an example of criativity workig according to the principle "order from Noise" that I described earlier.


I tryed to alter the left side of photo to make visible what I perceived there, but I couldn´t. Try to look at it with the eyes half closed, or change the brightness in your screen.

Sem comentários: